The purpose of our group is to provide users with access to cutting-edge microscopic equipment and software for subsequent data analysis. We provide support at every step of the scientific process, from experimental design to data evaluation.
The following techniques are available:
- Transmitted light microscopy
- Widefield fluorescence microscopy
- Phase contrast and DIC microscopy
- Laser scanning confocal microscopy (single- and multichannel)
- Spinning disk confocal microscopy
- Super-resolution microscopy (Airyscan or SpinSR10)
- Two-photo excitation microscopy
- 3D ultra-fast laser scanning microscopy with two-photon excitation
- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP)
- Light-sheet microscopy
Our group also operates a facility for advanced imaging of behaving animals (BSL2), which offers an advanced two-photon 3D imaging system, as well as equipment for live animal handling and housing.
For data analysis, two PC workstations equipped with image analysis software are available. We offer support for data analysis, and if needed, we can develop custom-made software for specific applications.