The purpose of the Code of Conduct (“Code”) is to establish and maintain a creative environment and conditions of mutual tolerance and cooperation within the IEM CAS as well as in interactions with the public and the media.
Furthermore, the purpose of the existence of the Code and conformity to its provisions is to prevent unethical and unlawful actions at all levels of civil and legal interactions in the framework of work performed by the IEM CAS staff and management.
The Code’s scope extends to all persons constituting the IEM CAS human resources (“IEM CAS employees”), including the management, scientific staff, technical staff, students, and members of the IEM CAS oversight and consultative bodies.
The IEM CAS fundamental ethical principles include:
- Good character, fairness, honesty, and productive approach to the performance of all tasks;
- Responsibility, loyalty, and mutual respect toward coworkers, the scientific and academic community, students, and society as a whole;
- Personal improvement and professional growth;
- Transparency in distributing information that is substantiated, accurate, and verifiable.
The purpose of the Code includes:
- Laying down and developing rules and principles for professional, ethical, and responsible conduct;
- Preventing employees’ personal failures relating to work-related ethics;
- Cultivating the domain of science and research as well as the society of which the IEM CAS forms part.